Just when I thought I had control over the television, or more date nights with my boyfriend, football eases it’s way back into my life. Don’t get me wrong, I like football, but I’m way more interested in the Food Network or horrible reality shows. In just a few short weeks, my living room is going to be taken over by hungry men wearing hideous over-sized football jerseys.
I try to make the best of the testosterone roaming around my house. Cooking and Party planning, now that is my kind of entertainment. I thought It would be smart to start testing out foods ahead of time. I couldn’t think of anyone better than my boyfriend Jeremy to be my guinea pig. So a couple nights ago, I baked him my first super bowl recipe, crispy Parmesan flax seed chicken drummies.
Chicken drummies are a popular finger food at football parties. I didn’t want to leave them out because of how unhealthy they are, so I switched up the original recipe. No frying, flour or butter!
Verdict: Jeremy approved!
- 1 Large Egg (OR two egg whites)
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan (I recommend buying organic Parmesan to avoid MSG)
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Cup Ground Flax Seed
- 10 Fresh Chicken Drummies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl combine: garlic powder, flaxseed and Parmesan.
- Crack egg into separate dish.
- Dip chicken drummy into egg.
- Coat dipped drummy in flaxseed mixture
- Bake drummies for 20-25 minutes.